- There are five sets of trios. (Three rolls mechanically connected. Picture shows a trio connected with timing belts.)
- Each trio has its own motor to drive it. Draft (stretch) between trios is adjustable by vary-ing motor speed.
- Rolls should be set closer together as fiber goes through the web drafter.
- Batt of fiber gets lighter in basis weight as it is stretched going through the drafter.
- There can also be draft within a trio by having sprockets with different numbers of teeth.
- As the web is stretched, the fibers orient more in the machine direction.
- The top rolls will need to be raised or lowered depending on the weight of the web from the lapper.
15-Roll Web Drafter
January 2, 2013 • • Download PDF