The roll that receives fiber from the feedroll(s) is called the lickerin. I guess it is called that because it licks fiber into the card. In the picture below, the lickerin is the roll that has fiber on it. In this particular card, the lickerin rotates upward as it takes fiber away from the feedrolls. If a card has a feedroll/feedplate feeding the lickerin, the lickerin rotates down to comb the fiber off the nose of the feedplate. Notice the distribution of the fiber on the lickerin. The clumps of fiber are quite large. This feedbatt has black and white fiber in it. As the fiber mixes in the card, the web coming out of the card will appear grey. The feed-batt is in the lower right corner.


You might also like...

    Post a Comment