Needlepunch 101 introduces your employees to the basics of the needle loom. The course is delivered over the internet using video, text, photos, and links to pertinent information on the web.
Needlepunch 101 is a self-paced introductory course about the concepts and operation of a needle loom. It is especially pertinent for anyone on the production floor. However a new employee in any department in a needlepunch nonwovens plant will find the course valuable. This course is delivered online and includes nine chapters of multimedia presentations and a certificate of completion.
- Introduction to needlepunch fabric and the many uses for the fabric. We also mention some of the major makers of needle looms, offer links to their web sites, and show some pictures of their equipment.
- Parts of a Loom - Starting with a needle, we describe each part's function through pictures and animations. At the end of this fascinating chapter you should have a good idea of how a loom works.
- Needles - There are many types of needles and variations of each type. When you finish this chapter you will know more than most operators about needles.
- Repairing and Changing Needle boards - In this chapter we will go into detail about what you need to know to properly care for and handle needle boards.
- Preneedle Loom - A big part of making quality needlepunch fabric is getting the thick batt of fiber into the preneedle loom.
- Adjusting a Loom - Includes some important technical terms you need to know.
- Types of Finish Looms
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Common Problems and Solutions